Table of contents
By accessing the Pin web site or any of its affiliate domains (Pin.tt) you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of use:
These terms and conditions may be changed at any time by Pin.tt, and your continued access to the website means that you agree to be bound by the most current version of the terms and conditions.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law. Pin is an open medium where users can advertise whatever they wish provided that this is within reason and in compliance with any legal limitations.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to Pin.tt and any consequences that may result from your advertisement. We reserve the right to refuse or delete or edit advertisements that we believe are inappropriate.
- You’re only allowed one account;
- No contact details in titles or descriptions. Please add them to the right fields. That way you’ll have more room to describe what you’re selling;
- Clean, clear and accurate photos please. We’ll ask you to take them down if you add contact details to them. Or if they lie about what you’re selling. For example, posting a picture of an animal that isn’t yours;
- No links to other websites in your ad;
- Choose the best category you can. This will give you the best exposure and keep our site clean and tidy;
- One ad per item, and one item per ad. Just so nobody gets confused, don't post duplicate ads;
- Highlight the best bits of your item, not our brand. We don’t endorse or support one thing over another.
- Only sell it if you have it. Wait till you have it before you try to sell it.
- No spam please. This includes ad spam and keyword spamming in ads. Let’s keep our community as clean as we can;
- If you’ve sold it, take the ad down.
- Adult-only: Adult entertainment, like blue movies, Enhancing drugs, sex toys;
- Erotic products;
- Animal parts;
- Cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, liquid for smoking and related products;
- Competing websites;
- Dangerous and/or illegal gases and substances;
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia;
- Medication only available by prescription;
- Food Supplements;
- Firearms and ammunition (even if it is legal to buy them);
- Steel arms (knife etc);
- Fireworks of any kind;
- Historical artifacts / protected heritage goods;
- Personal information or mailing lists;
- Stolen objects;
- Terroristic propaganda / accessories;
- Threatened / protected wild life, plants and insects;
- Threatening, discriminating, violent or offensive behavior;
- Trade in human beings;
- Any kind of currency (except for numismatic purposes);
- Gift cards, vouchers, coupons, tickets, gift certificates;
- Fortune-telling, magical services, supplies and goods;
- Personal hygiene devices;
- Online and offline money loans and credit services;
- MLM, Pyramid and referral schemes
The website Pin.tt reserves the right to remove ads containing any of the above or are otherwise considered unsuitable by Pin.tt for display on the website.
3. Pin.tt does not permit the use of the Pin name or logo by third parties without a written license agreement. We do not permit the use of the Pin name or logo on any type of promotional materials, flyers or other websites without the above mentioned agreement.
4. All information and materials appearing on Pin.tt are protected by copyright and are the property of Pin.tt or the party credited as the advertiser. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, create derivative works, store electronically, transmit or in any way exploit for commercial gains or otherwise, any content or posted information on the Site.
5. Pin.tt and all content is protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights.
6. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation, Pin does not make any warranties nor representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We neither accept nor assume any reliability in relation to the contents of these pages which should not be relied upon as accurate. The pages contained in this website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The information in these pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept neither responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date nor liability for any failure to do so.
7. The information and links contained on Pin.tt are being provided for general information purposes only. When you access certain links on Pin.tt you may leave the web site. Pin.tt and/or the founders/owners of Pin do not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or accuracy of such web sites linked to Pin.tt, or for the products, services or other items offered through such web sites.
8. The information and/or opinions contained on Pin.tt are provided without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
9. In no event, including (without limitation) negligence, will Pin.tt and/or the founders/owners of Pin be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including (without limitation) any direct, special indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the access of, use of, performance of, browsing in or linking to Pin.tt and/or other sites via Pin.tt. Pin cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that any content or files available for downloading through Pin.tt or delivered via electronic mail through Pin.tt will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
10. If you advertise on Pin.tt providing forbidden goods or false contact details or impersonating another party we reserve the right to pass your details and IP address on to any law enforcement agency.
2. What personal information do we collect
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Website, use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from Pin.tt, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use including for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number or financial information;
- Additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services; information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us;
- Information about your location and the location of your device, including your device's unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device;
- Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
3. How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information (see above) for the following purposes:
- To provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- To personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
- To contact you, by e-mail, push notification, text message (SMS) or by telephone;
- To provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information.
Sharing information with and registration on social media sites: We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or related websites with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
- Service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of Pin.
- To comply with legal obligations or a court order;
- If this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution;
- If it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via [same as above], e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
- Companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a reorganisation or that acquire us;
- An intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser.
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover - in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties - not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure (i) is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), for the purpose of obtaining legal advice or is necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights, (ii) is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders, or the assessment or collection of tax or duty, (iii) is requested by a body that performs public regulatory functions, or (iv) is otherwise authorized under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information you share on Pin.tt: Our Website allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our Website also enables you to directly contact a buyer or seller, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Website and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other user
In case you visit our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
4. Marketing Purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalised or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by Pin.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services and functionalities.
When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
This page is designed to help you understand more about these technologies and our use of them on our sites and in our services, applications, and tools. Below is a summary of a few key things you should know about our use of such technologies.
Where possible, security measures are set in place to prevent unauthorized access to our cookies and similar technologies. A unique identifier ensures that only we and/or our authorized service providers have access to cookie data.
Service providers are companies that help us with various aspects of our business, such as site operations, services, applications, advertisements and tools. We use some authorized service providers to help us to serve you relevant ads on our services and other places on the internet. These service providers may also place cookies on your device via our services (third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP-address or other unique or device identifiers.
What are cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies?
Like most sites, we use technologies that are essentially small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices (referred to collectively as a "device") that allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools.
The specific names and types of the cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies we use may change from time to time. In order to help you better understand this Policy and our use of such technologies we have provided the following limited terminology and definitions:
Cookies — Small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session;
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites;
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting;
- Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
Web beacons — Small graphic images (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") that may be included on our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools, that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behaviour.
Similar technologies — Technologies that store information in your browser or device utilizing local shared objects or local storage, such as flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies, and other web application software methods. These technologies can operate across all of your browsers, and in some instances may not be fully managed by your browser and may require management directly through your installed applications or device. We do not use these technologies for storing information to target advertising to you on or off our sites.
We may use the terms "cookies" or "similar technologies" interchangeably in our policies to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above.
We offer certain site features, services, applications, and tools that are available only through the use of these technologies. You are always free to block, delete, or disable these technologies if your browser, installed application, or device so permits. However, if you decline cookies or other similar technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain site features, services, applications, or tools. You may also be required to re-enter your password more frequently during your browsing session. For more information on how you can block, delete, or disable these technologies, please review your browser or device settings.
Generally, these technologies allow our sites, services, applications, and tools to store relevant information in your browser or device and later read that information in order to identify you to our servers or internal systems. Where applicable, we protect our cookies and other similar technologies to help ensure that only we and/or our authorized service providers can interpret them by assigning them a unique identifier that is designed for interpretation only by us. We do not store any of your personal information on any of our cookies or other similar technologies.
Any personal information that we collect and store through use of these technologies is first obtained through notice and consent: We obtain your consent by providing you with transparent notice of use of the technologies and providing you with the opportunity to make a choice to disable these technologies as set forth above.
Our uses of such technologies fall into the following general categories:
Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that have been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
To opt-out of the use of third-party advertising-related cookies and web beacons, see the section 'Ad Networks and Exchanges operated by authorized third parties' below. Opting out of our first-party advertising-related cookies, or out of third-party advertising-related cookies and web beacons as described below, does not necessarily mean that you will not see our advertising - only that this advertising will not be targetted to you through the use of first-party or third-party cookies, web beacons or related technologies.
If you would like to opt-out of all other types of technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
Use of these technologies by authorized third-party service providers
We may work with third-party companies, commonly known as service providers, who are authorized to place third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies for storing information on our sites or in our services, applications, and tools with our permission. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience.
With the exception of the use of such technologies by our service providers or other authorized third-parties, we do not permit any third-party content on sites (such as item listings, member-to-member communications, classified listings, comments, reviews, etc.) to include or utilize any cookies, web beacons, local storage, or similar technologies for tracking purposes or to collect your personal information. If you believe a listing or other third-party content might be collecting personal information or using tracking technologies on one of our sites, please report it to us.
Ad networks and exchanges operated by authorized third parties